Thinking about building an ADU Anaheim? If you live in Anaheim, CA, then you are in the right place. Building an ADU in Anaheim, CA has become increasingly popular over the last few years, but there are some important things you should know.
With Disneyland located in Anaheim, CA, many homeowners are wanting to build accessory dwelling units on their properties and rent them out to earn some additional income. However, it is important to note that ADUs are not allowed to be rented out short-term or as Air BNBs. ADUs must be rented out for at least 30 days. This allows homeowners to establish long-term renters who will live in the accessory dwelling unit and pay rent each month.
With the current housing prices and rents being so high in Anaheim, CA, many people are looking for affordable housing. With such a housing shortage, they’re having trouble finding a place to live. Accessory dwelling units solve this problem by allowing an additional dwelling to be built on single family residences. In fact, single family residences in Anaheim, CA are actually allowed to build one ADU and one Junior ADU. Multifamily properties are allowed to build two detached ADUs and/or convert existing space into ADUs up to 25% of the number of units.
ADU Anaheim: How to Build
Here is the basic process that must be followed in order to build an ADU Anaheim:
- Find an ADU Anaheim Builder who handles the entire process of building the ADU for you OR proceed to step 2.
- Contact the city of Anaheim’s planning and building department to find out all of the laws and codes that must be followed when building an ADU Anaheim.
- Have ADU Plans drafted and completed. This will often require an architect or draftsman and engineering team.
- Submit ADU Anaheim plans to the city for permitting, along with other required applications. Make any corrections required until permits are issued.
- Determine the design of the ADU and what type of materials and finish items will be installed.
- Have a contractor begin construction of the ADU. It is often smart to also have a project manager oversee the process.
- Arrange for utility connections.
- Inspectors from the city must be called along the way to ensure that construction is done correctly.
- Install all finish materials.
- Completed ADU.
ADU Anaheim Builder
If you stopped at step 1, then you’re probably looking for an ADU Anaheim Builder to handle the entire process for you. At Superior ADUs, we have a team of real estate agents, brokers, developers, architects, designers, engineers, contractors, and project managers who work together to build ADUs in and around Anaheim, CA. We would be glad to have a conversation with you to go over your personal situation and what you desire to build.
To set up a free consultation, please contact us by web form, phone, or email: